Author Topic: Gamer's Haven Anniversary Game Day, 31 October  (Read 1264 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Gamer's Haven Anniversary Game Day, 31 October
« on: September 26, 2015, 11:19:41 am »
The Gamer's Haven Anniversary Game Day is on 31 October this year, the last Saturday of the month. Thought we could use this thread to coordinate demos, if need be.

I've signed up to run demos of Halo: Fleet Battles and Dystopian Wars. They're going to give me one 4x6 table for 5 hours to cover both demos, although I don't know yet what the times will be. I'm going to request a later start time, maybe 12:00, as the mornings for these events are sometimes kinda slow. But we'll see what they have available.

It would be AWESOME if someone could run a Firestorm Armada and/or Planetfall demo as well, but I'm obviously not going to cajole or twist anyone's arms :). I feel like we're growing the Spartan Games player base at the Haven fairly well, and it would be great to see all of those games represented. But if not, no worries.

I can supply everything needed for both of my demos, but if anyone wants to hang around and help answer questions and explain rules, the assistance would be welcome. I'll cook up a couple small scenarios for each game to make it interesting.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Re: Gamer's Haven Anniversary Game Day, 31 October
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 12:06:16 pm »
I was going to run DC Deckbuilder games, because simpler and quicker done ahead of the evening party. But let me cogitate on a Firestorm demo. :-)
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Gamer's Haven Anniversary Game Day, 31 October
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 04:53:05 pm »
I'll be running Halo and Dystopian Wars from 11:30-3:30 on Saturday. Probably will run Halo first. My plan is to set up a "battle in progress", so people can come by and move a few ships, roll dice, and try out the mechanics.

I can handle both demos on my own, but if anyone wants to stop by and help out or show off miniatures for the games, that would be cool also.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama