Author Topic: Warcradle Studios have acquired the Dystopian and Firestorm universes...  (Read 1510 times)

G-Two

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile

Polaris

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Warcradle Studios have acquired the Dystopian and Firestorm universes...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 04:10:17 pm »
I haven't dealt with this studio before, what does everyone think?

In happy to see Firestorm backed by a company, but how is there reputation, customer satisfaction, etc.

Toxic_Rat

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 13
  • Spartan_FA_Mike in a previous incarnation
    • View Profile
    • Firestorm Armada Fleet Manager
Re: Warcradle Studios have acquired the Dystopian and Firestorm universes...
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 11:00:54 pm »
I happened to have a conversation with the Design Lead (Stuart) the day they announced.  He was very approachable, and was willing to answer (to the best he could) questions about the future of FSA.   He was open to viewing the rules work that we've been working on, and seemed to be genuinely interested in what we could contribute.  I think it will be a good thing for all of us.
Nos Habere Ad Aetheres

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
I happened to have a conversation with the Design Lead (Stuart) the day they announced.  He was very approachable, and was willing to answer (to the best he could) questions about the future of FSA.   He was open to viewing the rules work that we've been working on, and seemed to be genuinely interested in what we could contribute.  I think it will be a good thing for all of us.

How did that turn out in the end?

Toxic_Rat

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 13
  • Spartan_FA_Mike in a previous incarnation
    • View Profile
    • Firestorm Armada Fleet Manager
Well, they went a different directon. Which is OK...It's their system. I don't have any inside information but I wonder if the radio silence over the past few months is an indication of a pending re-write of the beta. Ether way, I'm good. The quantum rebellion rules are going to debut at gencon this fall, and our group is comfortable with those for the time being. I hope firestorm comes back, but its not on the top of my list.
Nos Habere Ad Aetheres