Author Topic: Victory at Sea V2  (Read 1336 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Victory at Sea V2
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:23:12 am »
Has anyone else been following the developments on this? For these that haven't, V@S is Mongoose's WWII naval game built off the ACTA rule set. They are preparing a second edition, along with a line of resin ship miniatures to go with it. What makes this of interest is that the minis are going to be 1:1800, which is the same scale as War at Sea. However, unlike W@S, these minis will have cast-on water bases.

Here are the blog posts Mongoose has been doing, which include previews of the ships:

http://blog.mongoosepublishing.co.uk/?cat=12

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: Victory at Sea V2
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:37:57 am »
I'm excited to see some resin ships which should be a bit more affordable than the metal model ships.  And already molded to bases will just make it easier for guys like me without any good basing skill.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Victory at Sea V2
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 04:18:18 pm »
Yeah, I think these are looking pretty good too. I will tell you, though, that a lot of players in the W@S community have mixed reactions to this. While they are happy to see another line of 1:1800 scale ships that might one day fill holes left by WotC, the molded bases are a bit of a turnoff for some as it doesn't match the rest of their collection.