Author Topic: Legions Clone Wars  (Read 9414 times)

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
Legions Clone Wars
« on: April 02, 2019, 01:19:01 pm »
When and where do folks play locally?
The new Clone Wars box may force me into the game  - somehow the idea of a Separatist Droid Army feels massively appealing (I'm probably just hooked on the notion of someday fielding Christopher Lee ... )

If anyone wanted to trade box halves, giving me more Droids for my Clones, I'm open to the idea. :-)
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Legions Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 08:13:35 pm »
Not quite naval wargaming-related, Dale... ;)

But to answer your question: Collectormania does a Legion open-play day once a month, usually on a Saturday (next one is 20 April). They used to do it every first Saturday, but the week has been changing from month to month for awhile now. Thursday night is Star Wars night at Gamer's Haven, and from talking to Ed at the store last week, it sounds as if more people are starting to come out to play on Thursday nights (apparently there was a personality there some time back that drove some of the Legion players away). I try to get down there on Thursday nights at least a couple times a month. The Haven is also doing a Star Wars day on May 4th, and I'll be there running a Legion table (trying to get all my terrain from Adepticon ready so I can do a desert town-themed table).

Not sure about points north of Parker and south of the Springs, but I understand there are Legion players in both Denver and Pueblo as well. If you're on the Facebook, suggest you look up 5280 Legion...central resource for Legion players in Colorado. I'm planning to be at the Haven on the 11th, but I'm involved in a mini-campaign with another player there right now. You could also ping the Haven forum and see if anyone is up for a teaching game (I assume you haven't played?). It really is a good game. Or, you could come out to Collectormania on the 20th and I'd be happy to run you through a game. I'm sure FFG will tweak the rules a bit when the Clones and Droids are released, but I'm also pretty sure the basics of the game will stay the same. That would give you a chance to try out the rules so you wouldn't be starting from square one when you get your Droids.

And I might be open to swapping my droids for your Clones when that starter is released. I'm pretty excited about the expansion into the Clone Wars era!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 01:58:36 pm »
Collectormania does a Legion open-play day once a month, usually on a Saturday (next one is 20 April). They used to do it every first Saturday, but the week has been changing from month to month for awhile now.

Once I have a force again, I'll try to plan one of those. 20th isn't likely.

it sounds as if more people are starting to come out to play on Thursday nights (apparently there was a personality there some time back that drove some of the Legion players away).
That would be Jak. He's now busy driving away 40K players on Fri nights ;-)

The Haven is also doing a Star Wars day on May 4th, and I'll be there running a Legion table (trying to get all my terrain from Adepticon ready so I can do a desert town-themed table).

Running as a demo, or an event? I want in!

And I might be open to swapping my droids for your Clones when that starter is released. I'm pretty excited about the expansion into the Clone Wars era!
That would be awesome!

I have no idea why the original game didn't hook me, while a Droid army feels irresistible.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 11:26:13 pm »
I guess it'll be a demo, as I haven't really thought about a specific scenario. My goal is more to provide a nice-looking table for the game. I'll have forces on hand for both factions if someone wants a demo.

While I was no fan of the prequel trilogy, I do really enjoy the Clone Wars tv show, and I like the combat aspect of the prequels. The thought of a large clone army with a young Kenobi at its head is just awesome to me. And I'm glad they're going with Kenobi and not Skywalker for the starter set. Hoping we get to see all of the Jedi masters from that show...Windu, Plo Koon, etc.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 02:48:36 pm »
Hoping we get to see all of the Jedi masters from that show...Windu, Plo Koon, etc.

Separatist leadership should be quite fun too:
Count Dooku - the one I want most of all
Asajj Ventress
Aurra Sing
Possibly Darth Maul and/or his brother, Savage Oppress (sadly worst name ever)
Heck, even Nute Gunray could be amusing

And of course, they could finally introduce the ultimate Sith Master behind everything, the manipulator in plain sight... I mean of course JAR JAR BINKS!
;-)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 07:44:58 pm »
If they release Jar Jar, I’ll buy the model, paint him up really nice...and chain him to the front of my T-ST.

Would be cool to see a Gungan army though.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 11:01:09 am »
Would be cool to see a Gungan army though.

Aren't they the next release for Deep Wars? ;-)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 11:22:35 pm »
HA.

Covertwalrus

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 06:28:52 pm »

A Droid army certainyl appeals to me - I note that some of the pirates Artisans/creators on certain 3D printing sites, among specialsed cagharters for SW:Leguions, already have some nice Droids that woudl be suitable . . .

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 11:49:02 pm »
Yeah, the droids are pretty cool. I wonder if they'll do the Trade Federation tank? It was a pretty good-sized vehicle, but would be good to have. Legion is more of an infantry and light-vehicle game though...big heavies are expensive and limited (but still cool).

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 10:52:52 am »
I wonder if they'll do the Trade Federation tank? It was a pretty good-sized vehicle, but would be good to have. Legion is more of an infantry and light-vehicle game though...big heavies are expensive and limited (but still cool).

I used to own the toy for that tank, which was actually pretty close or at 25-30mm scale. I used it for 40K Eldar, as a Wave Serpent back in the day. Sadly, it went in a garage sale years ago - but you could assuredly find one online.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 02:50:36 pm »

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2019, 11:19:51 pm »
Yes! I can’t wait to get a Clone army on the table.