Author Topic: LOOKING FOR TEAMMATES  (Read 4700 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
LOOKING FOR TEAMMATES
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:52:43 am »
Here's a space for players to post what they play, whether they have armored or naval forces, for the team event at the Game Vault on Oct. 28th.

Alliances are:

Grand Alliance--FSA, KoB, Russians
Imperial Bond--Prussia, Blazing Sun, France
Covenant of Antarctica--allied with all CoA and with rogue forces from other nations

Interesting to see the Russians neutral with the Blazing Sun....

The allied nations chart is located on the Spartan website here:  http://www.spartangames.co.uk/a-world-at-war

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:09:39 pm by MadDrB »

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 188
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: LOOKING FOR TEAMMATES
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 06:56:04 am »
Well, as of now I'm still able to make it! I can run the French, Prussians, or FSA if anyone is interested in teaming up.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 06:31:52 am »
Still looking for a team mate, if anyone is interested!

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 03:34:43 pm »
I think Brian has French, John has Russian, and they're both looking for allies.  I haven't heard from Jack, but he has Blazing Sun (including land forces).  I think there are others out there waiting to register when they have a teammate, but there's no harm in signing up individually--it just means I'll be assigning teams according to individually registered players.  It might be more fun for all of you to correspond with each other and figure out how to field complementary forces, etc.

FSA Musketeer

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 04:28:54 pm »
I'm looking for a teammate. I got FSA land force only at the moment. Only the battle box (I'm super newb).

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 06:58:06 pm »
I'm looking for a teammate. I got FSA land force only at the moment. Only the battle box (I'm super newb).

Several players of the Grand Alliance are planning to attend.
RandomBrit is not 100% sure he can make it, but I know he has a great Kingdom of Britannia fleet, naval and armored both.
Ruckdog has FSA and French/Prussian forces, so he could ally with any alliance.  An FSA/FSA team might not be so exciting, however.
John was talking about bringing his new Russian forces, but I don't think he has registered on the forum yet....  Contact PhineusPhule to find out if John has a teammate or any other players in Richmond are planning to come up for this event.
You could also team up with a Covenant player, and there are likely to be 3 of those at this event.  Of course, an FSA admiral defecting to the CoA and taking his fleet with him is considered an act of treason by all Americans.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:04:28 pm by MadDrB »

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 09:00:19 am »
Brian and I have officially teamed up (I'm running PE with his French).  Beware the strength of the Imperial bond!

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 10:49:16 am »
Congratulations to our first official team for the Autumn Event, and done by the early registration deadline!

I have a French decal for Brian and a Prussian decal for Andy the morning of the event.

Now you guys can start building force compositions and figuring some strategies.  The first two rounds will feature all naval or all ground scenarios, but the final round will feature about half land and half sea tabletop so you want forces which can complement each other to either defend the harbor or capture it, depending on which side you end up on as the defending or attacking team.  The more force compositions you have for your team, the more options you have when deciding which player on the team will play in which scenario.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 04:07:23 pm »
I know! You gave us a lot to think about this time around.

don_mondo

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 05:49:12 pm »
Several of us from IFL are planning on attending. However, most of us only have naval (I was going to buy a Land force last weekend at Game Vault but they had none.......). I have (primarily) EoBS fleet. Joe CoA fleet. Doug will borrow my CoA fleet or my KoB fleet and Trencher has FSA fleet and Land. Trencher and I were talking about allying but I see the allies matrix puts us 'At War' which I would assume means we cannot ally.

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »
Nations "At War" can ally for this event--the campaign premise is a race for a hidden location in Patagonia, and there are rogue factions of the Blazing Sun, and likely among others as well....

But you get more in-game benefits for being of allied nations.  See the description at the top of the event thread for more details; see under "Special Conditions"  http://manbattlestations.com/forum/index.php?topic=162.0

Also, I have a sizable EBS land force I'm willing to loan.... 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:07:33 pm by MadDrB »

don_mondo

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 11:14:43 pm »
Just might take you up on that..............