Author Topic: A More Detailed Look at the Game  (Read 919 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
A More Detailed Look at the Game
« on: June 13, 2015, 11:33:55 pm »
Found this article over on Tabletop Gaming News:

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/halo-fleet-battles-expands-the-halo-universe-from-console-to-tabletop/

Some takeaways:

-this game is NOT going to be a Halo version of Firestorm Armada.

-it sounds as if fleet commanders will have the ability to re-form squadrons during battle; this is something I've always wished we could do in Firestorm Armada and Dystopian Wars.

-one of my ideas when I first heard of this game will actually be realized: there will fleet commanders and heroic characters available for each faction, which will change the way the fleets fight. This will increase the replayability of the game, I think.

-there will be a campaign (consisting of several scenarios) included in the starter set, designed to help players learn the basics of the game--much like "Operation Shadowhunter" for Dystopian Wars.

I've got my starter box pre-ordered through Gamer's Haven in Colorado Springs; as soon as it comes in, I'll be looking for an opponent to sit down and play through the scenarios with!

"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: A More Detailed Look at the Game
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 06:18:23 pm »
Great article! I'm very curious to see the rules for this game. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to be getting on board with the box set, but it does sound like it will be a good deal on par with the other recent Spartan starter sets.