Author Topic: Denver Area Gamers Scheduling Thread  (Read 125921 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Denver Area Gamers Scheduling Thread
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2015, 05:41:17 pm »
Yeah, something like that.  :(

I'll be there as soon as I can. Should be done in the Springs around 0900-ish. Will make all possible haste up to Littleton. Keep your fingers crossed that there aren't any accidents on 25...
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 21, 2015, 02:26:10 pm »
So am I the only one bringing the Halo game?

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 21, 2015, 02:45:40 pm »
I don't have mine assembled yet, and it sounds like rushing it would be a bad idea. :-)

I'll have my rules with though.
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 21, 2015, 03:51:11 pm »
Turns out I won't be able to make it. I was holding out till today to see if I could but I'm just going to have to be counted out this month.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 21, 2015, 04:48:21 pm »
Turns out I won't be able to make it. I was holding out till today to see if I could but I'm just going to have to be counted out this month.

But then we'll have no dice-witchery to counter Stephan!!!  :'(

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 21, 2015, 05:47:30 pm »
OK. Well, Halo is obviously only a two-player game, so...I guess the demo will be a little slow. But that's OK.

BrdingPrty1

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 21, 2015, 06:54:44 pm »
Hey guys,

If it's ok I'd like to stop by for a bit. I would be interested in checking out BOTH HALO and planetfall.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 21, 2015, 07:21:47 pm »
Hey guys,

If it's ok I'd like to stop by for a bit. I would be interested in checking out BOTH HALO and planetfall.

Dan! Hey man, thought your computer had broken or something, long time no hear!  :D

Sure, no problem, come on out. Just make sure you go to the Enchanted Grounds location in Littleton; there is also an Enchanted Grounds game store in Highlands Ranch. I think I put the address further up in this thread.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 22, 2015, 10:19:25 pm »
Many thanks to Dan, Stephan, and Dale for turning out at Enchanted Grounds today to play Halo and Planetfall. And thanks again to all three of them for suffering through my explanations of how to play Halo, and to Dale and Stephan for showing Dan and I the ropes in Planetfall.

The two games are actually quite similar--both seem designed with maximum carnage in mind, and both favor the commander who makes bold, fast attacks.

Also, as a side note, that was my first visit to the new Enchanted Grounds store. This is the one on Bowles avenue in Littleton. It's a fairly new store, and to me it seems much more open than their original location in the Highlands Ranch area (I know, Stephan, technically they are both in Littleton  ;) ). I think this would be a good store for us to consider using in the future for our Denver area meet-ups...maybe a healthy mix of this location and Collectormania. Like the original store, this Enchanted Grounds has a coffeehouse inside the game store, with a halfway-decent selection of sandwiches, burritos, scones, etc, along with hot and cold beverages. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Plus, the store is in a small shopping center, and there is a Subway just a couple doors down, plus a Wal-Mart neighborhood market, so there are some food options in walking distance. This Enchanted Grounds location also seems a little more geared towards miniature games than the original store, which to me seems more of a card/board/RPG store.

I didn't take any pictures, so Dan or Stephan or Dale, if you all took any, please feel free to post them up here.

As time permits, let's start thinking about a September date for the group again. The guy running the store today said he can accommodate a large group of us if we give him a couple weeks of lead time.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 10:21:58 pm by Landlubber »

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 23, 2015, 11:00:33 pm »
Thanks again to Greg for setting this up.  I really like the venue and I think it would be a good bridge point between the east and west denver folks as well as anyone coming from the Springs.  I'd like to ask the forum what would most inspire them to come out and play?  The last several months participation has been slim amd I'm not sure if it's just summer schedules or lack of interest.

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 24, 2015, 12:41:37 pm »
Yes, thanks Greg for the demo - loving HALO now!!!

And dittos on the location - best Denver place to game I've seen in a long while!

As for getting turnout - fall schedules are your friend. And promise of coffee might help. Also, I could look into making a future event into a formal Demo with promo swag...

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 24, 2015, 04:07:30 pm »
It sounds like a good central location between the springs and Denver, can't wait to see it.

As for me the summer has been busy and that's all there is to it. As fall and winter come around it should be easier to get more folks out.

BrdingPrty1

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 24, 2015, 10:50:30 pm »
I had a good time as well on Saturday. It was good to see Gregg and Stephan again, and to meet Dale for the first time.

HALO was fun, as was Planetfall.

I liked the location, but living out by Buckley AFB, I probably would only be able to make it on weekends.

I only took two pics...neither of them very good.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:00:51 pm by BrdingPrty1 »

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 01, 2015, 08:06:31 pm »
OK gentlemen, it is now 1 September.

Thoughts for our group meetup in September? Keep in mind that we have Dale's Firestorm Patrol Fleet tournament at Gamer's Haven on 3 October.

I'm free on 13 Sep, and 26/27 Sep.

Stephan

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 02, 2015, 11:36:00 am »
I'm tied up both of those weekends, but I'll try to get some individual games in.  I also have to save up time for the Firestorm tourney on Oct 3rd.