Author Topic: New Player to East Tennessee introduction  (Read 1592 times)

Quickwork

• No Newsletter
  • Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
New Player to East Tennessee introduction
« on: February 26, 2014, 03:52:04 pm »
Hello! I am quickwork and I figured I would post up a quick introdution. I am new to the Naval wargaming scene but did play some BFG in the past I have some Dystopian Wars fleets andam always looking for a community! I live near the kentucky tennessee border.

Thanks for looking!
Quickwork

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
Re: New Player to East Tennessee introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:53:47 pm »
Welcome

Damn I miss BFG
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 02:27:37 pm »
Welcome aboard Quickwork!  What Dystopian Wars fleets do you run?  I'm primarily an FSA player myself, but I have an extensive French fleet and the beginnings of a Chinese fleet.

Any space or fantasy naval gaming?  We also cater here to Firestorm Armada, X-Wing, Star Trek: Attack Wing, and other space naval games, as well as Uncharted Seas and DeepWars on the fantasy side.  We also have some members who dabble in historical naval wargaming, if you're interested in that side of the hobby.  Ruckdog has a couple interesting posts about the new Sails of Glory game.

Glad you found our forum!  Feel free to post pics of your models and battle reports in the appropriate sections...especially if any of your battles involve sinking Prussian ships...  ;)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:30:03 pm by Landlubber »
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Quickwork

• No Newsletter
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 06:08:27 pm »
Thanks for the welcome!

I have a Covenant of Antarctica Starter and a Empire of the Blazing Sun Fleet (both are still small points). I would love to try out Firestorm Armada but the rural area I live in most makes me that Paint and forum lurk type. I should check out ruck dogs posts though on sails of glory!

Here are some peeks at my fleet.

best,
~QW

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 11:10:18 pm »
Nice fleet, I feel your pain in trying to drum up players. Rural Tennessee doesn't have a huge gaming draw :(.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 11:30:13 pm »
Very original look for CoA ships.  Most people tend to go with some variation on blue and white and gray, given that they're based in Antarctica.  They look great!  If you have more pics, post them down in the Showcase section--would like to see more of this fleet!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Quickwork

• No Newsletter
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 06:44:10 pm »
@AndrewChrislieb: Do you know of any stores or Cons near London/Lexington/Knoxville for DW or Firestorm fun?

@Landlubber: I'll put some more pics into the Showcase Section although I don't have much more CoA stuff

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 08:10:33 pm »
I'm guessing you're looking for Lexington KY? I live just outside Lexington TN but thats probably not going to help you any :P. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with East Tn :(.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.