Author Topic: Homeworld : Fleet Command  (Read 1022 times)

Kelly

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 56
    • View Profile
Homeworld : Fleet Command
« on: February 06, 2023, 08:33:44 pm »
The campaign for Homeworld : Fleet Command is launching Tuesday morning on Kickstarter.  From their pre-release materials the scenarios are built off of the original 3D RTS, with rules for cooperative play, and most interestingly a solitaire option as well.

https://www.modiphius.net/pages/homeworld-fleet-command
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Homeworld : Fleet Command
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 05:42:54 pm »
Looks like the campaign is live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/homeworld-fleet-command-board-game?

Looks like 175 GBP for an all-in pledge. That's not too horrible for all the plastics coming in the box. August 2023 for delivery seems...ambitious, but we will see!

Kelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 09:30:30 pm »
August 2023 for delivery seems...ambitious, but we will see!
I think a fast turnaround for the campaign should be fairly easy; there are not quite 20 sculpts total between each of the three pledge versions, and since the majority of the stretch goals are printed items, they probably already have worked out all of the sprue management and tooling decisions for the model prototypes before launch.

I would liked to have seen more from the original game (ion array frigate, research ship, resource collector) but I understand those would be harder to translate to the flat stands of the campaign.  Or even unique ships like the Junkyard Dog, but a one-off ship makes no sense for injection plastic… sigh.  The cards are supposed to bring in class variety to the ships represented in plastic, and given the progress so far I do not know what new physicals they would put up as stretch goals apart from cloaked versions of more standard models beside the fighters already in transparent form.

The Tabletopia mission Modiphius put up is implemented well, but in order to play that mission as solitaire opposed to two player really requires a printout of the AI pages from the draft rulebook to work, so I will be waiting on my pledge to arrive.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 10:05:00 pm »
August 2023 for delivery seems...ambitious, but we will see!
I think a fast turnaround for the campaign should be fairly easy; there are not quite 20 sculpts total between each of the three pledge versions, and since the majority of the stretch goals are printed items, they probably already have worked out all of the sprue management and tooling decisions for the model prototypes before launch.

You may be right...but delays are pretty common for Kickstarter campaigns that feature lots of physical rewards. Looking at Modiphious's previous campaigns, they are no exception and have consistently been a bit late in their delivery timeline. I am still considering backing this, but I'm expecting a 6 month to 1-year delay on that August 2023 delivery window.

Kelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 10:28:49 pm »
New Add On: Kushan & Taiidan Fleet Sets in Alternate Colours
Gray and yellow versions of the fleet box add ons are now going to be available in the campaign.  Granted, these will all be the same ships but will make 3 / 4 player plus games easier to manage on the table (the approval notes in the update are probably referring to colorblind testing).  I really should complain more...

...why has Homeworld’s launch been inexplicably pushed back twice?...
>>announcement email received 50 hours later

...I do not know what new physicals they would put up as stretch goals...
>>update email received 12 hours later

Kelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 07:13:25 am »
FLAGSHIP ALERT! New Add On - The Taiidan Flagship and more!
And now the plan is for 3 new resin ships as add-ons, along with a larger version of the Mothership on update 17.  A little late in the campaign, but I am hoping the actual renders will be released before too long.

From the update, one is planned to be a multiple hex size, but each of these would have to be to keep the scale drift to a minimum... the original Mothership piece from the core box is already much smaller than the scaling of the other ships.

Kelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 09:04:45 pm »
Six hundred thousand dollars through to a successful end of the campaign, and Gamefound is apparently being set up as an option for late pledges.  The final stretch goal was interesting, it looks like Modiphius will be setting aside a section of their forums for Homeworld Fleet Command...

We will support a dedicated community that will allow you to share new scenarios, units and other cards using our templates. There will be a full template for the scenario pages, including all the counters, so that you can build your mod scenarios in layout software.  We'll help the community to grow and highlight the awesome new content people make.

I will be looking forward to see what they have for builders, and whether they will be ready before the ship dates of the campaign.

Kelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2023, 07:38:03 am »
Production is progressing well according to the updates for Homeworld Fleet Command, molding on the plastic sprues began at the end of last month...

...and the resin centerpieces are preparing to be cast in England now.

They say everything is on track for plastics leaving China in August with fulfillment starting at the end of September.

Kelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2023, 10:38:56 pm »
Fulfillment has started now for some regions, with mid-November being the most likely delivery date for most, and with that, December presales are being put up on Modiphius’ site for anyone outside of the crowdfunding campaign.  No updates yet on the forum distributions of templates, but they will probably follow the same form as their other RPG support subforums.

https://modiphius.us/collections/homeworld-fleet-command

Kelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2023, 02:58:49 pm »
A month of fulfillment delays on Homeworld Fleet Command so far due to shipping damages to the base boxes, but anyone in North America should have the opportunity to pick up some ding / dent copies after the start of the year according to the last Kickstarter update.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2024, 08:52:13 pm »
Ooof! Hopefully there won't be more delay than that. I might have to look at what the want for one of those dented copies. I was interested in this project but never got around to backing it.

Kelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2024, 06:08:51 pm »
North American fulfillment is in process now, but included in that last campaign update were details on the current errata compilation and clarified versions of the rules that should be available in pdfs shortly.  Beyond that, they are going to have a process to request a reprinted book after final reviews and the conclusion of the Kickstarter... have not seen that before and I am pleasantly surprised.

Kelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2024, 08:36:24 pm »
North American fulfillment is in process now,

...and now it is finally here!

Several hundred ships are soon to be scattered across the table, with updates following shortly after I hope.