Author Topic: Supersized Dreadfleet  (Read 409 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Supersized Dreadfleet
« on: September 27, 2022, 12:25:11 pm »
Last month at the NOVA Open in Virginia I ran a Dreadfleet game at 6:1 scale using the model ships we had built years earlier for the Age of Sigmar narrative events. I can't remember how to post pictures directly into a forum post, so I'll just link to the respective blog post for anyone interested.

https://fancywars.wordpress.com/2022/09/27/supersized-dreadfleet-at-nova-open-2022/

Kelly

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 56
    • View Profile
Re: Supersized Dreadfleet
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 08:16:29 pm »
Yikes!  I am usually worried about models when leaning over the table, I would not want to risk my balance when walking around any of them...

Did you have any surprises on the time / turns playing scaled up; was it about the same length of time as standard boxed Dreadfleet or did it end up longer in the bigger format?
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: Supersized Dreadfleet
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 01:12:14 pm »
Yikes!  I am usually worried about models when leaning over the table, I would not want to risk my balance when walking around any of them...

Did you have any surprises on the time / turns playing scaled up; was it about the same length of time as standard boxed Dreadfleet or did it end up longer in the bigger format?

It ran a little longer than expected, but I attribute that mostly to everyone having a beer or three during the course of the game as well as multiple players per side. And, despite the alcohol consumption, no ships were trod upon during play.