Author Topic: Greetings...  (Read 1917 times)

Stitch_Reloaded

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
Greetings...
« on: March 13, 2013, 10:31:37 pm »
G'day to all,

I find myself here after doing a little researching on some Blazing Sun paint schemes on the main Spartan Games Forum. 

So a bit about me, I've been into miniature painting for little more than 6 years now.  Originally I started in Battletech and moved over to Warhammer 40k.  Sadly after the quality of Ironwind Metals went down and the price of GW going up, I was tempted away from them over to Spartan Games.  So far I'm loving the quality of the resin cast they have and with my love for naval ships, airships and the steampuck theme, has me working on a Sokotsu Battleship I just got in the mail last week.

I haven't had much in the way of actual game experience due to the lack of quality shops in the Lynchburg, VA area, but I'm hoping to change that soon when I get a quality force put together.

I'm Looking forward to sharing in the hobby, tutorials and some how-to's with everyone here.

Stitch
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:12:32 am by Stitch_Reloaded »
I find accuracy increases exponentially when more rounds are placed down range.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Greetings...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:59:04 pm »
Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found us. If you get your battleship done by 15 April, please consider entering it in the contest ;). Anyway, Lynchburg, eh? I'm currently based out in Norfolk, so maybe we can work out a get-together sometime, maybe in Richmond.

Stitch_Reloaded

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 11:54:26 pm »
Thanks for the Invite Ruckdog,
Never liked deadlines, but I was thinking about the competition. :-\
Guess I'd better toss off the mooring lines of procrastination and get underway on it then.

Stitch

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 12:50:00 am »
Aye, welcome aboard Stitch!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Stitch_Reloaded

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 08:22:39 am »
Thanks Landlubber, it's good to be here.  ;D

Stitch

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 11:46:50 pm »
Welcome aboard!  (If only there was a "smiley face" to represent a boatswain's whistle, right?)

We have a good group of Dystopian Wars players in Richmond.  I just made the trek down the other week for a 2-team, 6-player game (pictures and batrep): http://fancywars.wordpress.com/  There is talk in the group about hosting a DW/Legions game during RavenCon in Richmond during the first week in April.

We host regular DW tournaments in Fredericksburg, VA every three months or so, and I know that's a long haul from Lynchburg, but in July the next Historicon is hosted in Fredericksburg, and I'm planning for a DW tournament along with at least one 17th century pirate sailing game and maybe a demo game of Leviathans, so it might be worth the trip for you, especially if you haven't attended a wargaming event like Historicon before.

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 11:49:41 pm »
Oh, and I'm pleased to welcome another faithful admiral serving the Empire of the Blazing Sun.  Please post pictures of your Imperial ships once you decide on a scheme and get some of them painted.  I actually bought 3 different DW fleets (BS, FSA, and French), but it's funny how only my Japanese models ever seem to get painted while my FSA are still barely basecoated, and my French ships are still very much in drydock!

Stitch_Reloaded

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 07:51:04 pm »
Thanks for the piping me on there MadDrB,

What can I say?  The Blazing Sun ships called out to me.  After I get a small detachment together I plan on trying a few of the other factions.  Just not FSA, those paddle boats look a bit off for some reason to me.  However with the new models coming out in April/May I may just stay in the land of the Blazing Sun.

Getting up north during the week maybe hard for me with school and all, but I'm going to try to attend some of the games.  Will you post more details on the message board when you have more details?

I'm also going to make a tutorial on my paint scheme as an add on to my contest entry, mainly because I kind'a jumped in on it in mid month.

Stitch

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 08:05:01 pm »
Look forward to the tutorial! If you are interested, I can post it on the blog (or at least a link to it) when it is done.