Author Topic: Greetings, evildoers!  (Read 1436 times)

Weirdo

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 11
    • View Profile
Greetings, evildoers!
« on: December 20, 2018, 05:31:53 pm »
Found this place recently, figured I'd introduce myself. I live in Texas, smack dab in the middle of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. I got into naval wargaming as an expansion of my love for starship games. At some point I realized that the real stuff was just as interesting as the fictional, and things ballooned from there. My areas of interest are all over the place, mostly modern playing Naval Command(how I found this place, actually) and Age of Sail, with any ruleset I can get my hands on. I've managed to resist the insidious call of WWII...mostly. For now, I'm keeping it at bay by dabbling in War at Sea.

Looking forward to some fun, and falling down some more rabbit holes!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings, evildoers!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 12:41:03 am »
Hi Weirdo, welcome aboard! Glad you found our little corner of the interwebs.

We have naval wargamers of all types here, so I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

You've been playing Naval Command by Rory Crabb? I picked those rules up a few months ago but haven't gotten the game on the table yet. Ruckdog and I reviewed that ruleset on the podcast a few episodes back. I just haven't found the right ship models yet. Really like the GHQ range, but DANG they ain't cheap! I'm hoping Topside Minis does a full modern range sometime soon.

Ruckdog is a fellow War at Sea player...I missed the boat on that one (see what I did there?), but I've played it once or twice.

Take a look around and make yourself at home!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Weirdo

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 11:23:18 am »
I prefer GHQ when possible, but you're right, they ain't cheap. Viking Forge is a great place to look and is MUCH less expensive. I also like to browse Shapeways for stuff other companies won't produce.

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 01:15:32 am »
Welcome to the site from another Texan (Lubbock)
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor