Author Topic: Campaign Kick-Off  (Read 7140 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Campaign Kick-Off
« on: December 24, 2012, 12:34:44 pm »
Alright, gents! When did we want to officially kick off the campaign?

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Kick-Off
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 11:26:31 pm »
Well, I just had 2 days off in a row for the first time in over a month--and what did I do with my hobby time during the weekend?  I played some BattleLore, and then I painted some 1/72 scale Revolutionary figures and built some terrain and pine trees for playing Muskets & Tomahawks.  The only "naval" sort of wargaming I've done lately is listening to lectures while fiddling with black thread in a lackluster attempt to rig some of my sailing ship models (I have no experience with model rigging, but now that I have those French ships added to my DW collection I intend to apply some wires to the signal masts, at least). 

But my provisional Eldar ship models are still unpainted and in the same container at one side of my desk!  Now that I won't be working almost every weekend in the coming new year, I can definitely meet for some games in January, weekends and some weekday evenings.  During the next two weeks, if I can put aside the French & Indian figures, I should be able to scrape together a fleet and at least get some models primed, washed, and drybrushed so they look halfway decent on the table.

So, I say let's kick things off in the New Year, officially.  Realistically, I'm looking at the weekend of January 12-13 to play my first BFG games.

On the other hand, I'm thinking about spending this upcoming Friday night at the Game Vault, at least to see what this Flames of War thing is all about, maybe play a game of something (I just ordered 4 different Age-of-Sail wargame rules from the Wargame Vault, and I'm itching to put some model ships--any model ships--on the tabletop soon).  Considering the ships will be fresh out of drydock with a gleaming coat of primer paint, I could still throw them into the forge of battle and see what I learn by actually playing a bit of BFG with an opponent....  I have the day off work, so I'm actually thinking about spending the lion's share of the day there, catching up on gaming purchases, maybe actually playing some games, etc.  I don't feel sufficiently watered & provisioned to start the campaign, but I'm certainly willing & able!

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:17:11 pm »
Sounds good! We'll just need to coordinate around my underway schedule ;).

Technotemplar

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:46:22 pm »
I'm still alive! You guys start whenever I've re-evaluated my list and legion choice and will be updating soon

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 03:23:59 pm »
I am in Richmond and we try to play BFG every third Thursday night at FTW
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor