Author Topic: Central VA BFG Prospective  (Read 1726 times)

Technotemplar

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Central VA BFG Prospective
« on: November 04, 2012, 02:49:00 pm »
Hello, I'm very interested in getting into BFG (ideally as part of a campaign). I'm an experienced war gamer mostly focused on historicals, I play FoW and Napoleon at War every Friday at the Game Vault in central VA. I'd be most interested in playing Chaos using the BFG R lists, but if there's already an established group I'd be happy to play whatever will give the best Red vs Blue balance (I'm not a power gamer and don't enjoy that side of gaming at all, I prefer to play for story and fun, I'd say and for history but the 41st millennium isn't exactly history yet)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Central VA BFG Prospective
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:29:36 pm »
Hey Matt! Welcome aboard. I'm not aware of an active BFG group in Fredericksburg, but I don't get there all that often. One of the guys who gets there more regularly might be able to help you out. I'd love to get in a BFG campaign myself, I've always wanted to do one! Unfortunately, my current assignment will probably limit my ability to participate, but we might still be able to get a few one-off games in sometime.

Technotemplar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 04:43:41 pm »
Sure thing, I don't mind driving a little bit if we can get a group going. Feel free to pass my info to your friend, I've wanted to start BFG for ages and finally have the time to do it. If we can get a dedicated core of players I wouldn't mind doing something like a monthly campaign session, I can justify driving a bit to play with toy ships to my lady if its only monthly ;)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 08:10:51 am »
Welcome aboard!  I recognize your handle from the GV forum, specifically the thread about starting some BFG back six months or so.  I picked up Dreadfleet last year--my first GW purchase--and it actually peaked my interest in BFG.  That and Ruckdog always talking about it.  There were several local players involved in Firestorm Armada a year or so ago, so I'm sure there are others willing to play a space fleet game if we can get some momentum rolling.

Technotemplar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 09:22:46 pm »
I hope so, I'm mostly part of the historical crowd there but I know most of the 40k guys have at least some BFG stuff, from what I gather it just never caught on. I have no objections to people using other models, I'm not a power gamer or a stickler for "that's not um 42.5 percent um GW sir " :p

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 06:10:52 am »
One of our DW players in NOVA has been playing 40K 6th edition and just wrote back to me that he has a stockpile of model space ships waiting to be assembled and painted--he may consider joining if we can make this work.

In my limited experience, if there is at least 2 guys with a lot of passion for a particular game, then others will get involved.  Three guys is even better.  Thanks for getting this started!

Technotemplar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 05:28:13 pm »
No problem,glad to find other people interested :) I had a blast getting my fleet roster written!