Author Topic: 'How do you do' from the UK  (Read 636 times)

Corto Maltese

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
'How do you do' from the UK
« on: September 01, 2017, 04:22:35 am »
Just joined as a refugee from the lost Spartan Forum.  I'm a DW player with LoIS and Russian Coalition forces (all three theatres for RC).  I also received the Corsican Incident box yesterday as I've always had a hankering for the Black Wolf faction.  DW supplies have virtually dried up on the secondary market in the UK so this small force may be all I ever manage to get for BW.

My small group of four players have all agreed to continue playing, even though we've been left with a nasty taste in the mouth with Spartan closing so abruptly.  As we didn't receive anything from the Kickstarter (all of us have taken a financial hit) we have agreed to continue playing with 2.0 as the stats are available for all of our existing models and we never play this game outside of our small group.  I hope to be able to contribute to discussion here however.

I hope we might be able to recreate some of the enthusiasm for the game here that was formerly in evidence on the Spartan forum.

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
Re: 'How do you do' from the UK
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 08:35:43 am »
Welcome aboard
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: 'How do you do' from the UK
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 11:38:33 am »
Welcome aboard! You'll find many Dystopian Wars players here; some recently arrived from the SG forums, and some that have been here since we started MBS back in 2012.

Always good to have another Dystopian player aboard! I play FSA, RoF, Chinese, and Royal Australians. A bit jealous that you were able to get the Black Wolf Fleet... I really wanted to get into that force and the EIMC. Maybe I'll pick some up down the road if they're available.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama