Author Topic: Hello from Down Under Aussie Lands  (Read 952 times)

Nordic_Wolf

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
  • Board them!
    • View Profile
Hello from Down Under Aussie Lands
« on: August 28, 2017, 08:29:53 am »
Hello all,

I have decided to relocate my home-base location for Dystopian Wars Naval battles support over to this forum - due to Spartan Games closing (still getting over that sad moment, no warning - like a sudden mine blast under my ships). Have a Danish starter fleet with the big dirigible from Prussia as lend lease, and just managed to get a box of FSA Naval Battle group (gee it was a mad rush down here in Australia, the shelves were swept clean of Dystopian stuff!).

For ease of identification, my username "Nordic_Wolf" I kept the same, so too have I kept my avatar picture as it was on the Dystopian Wars community forums (If I happen to bump into people which abandoned that sunken ship). Really hope to see old acquaintances from Flag Ship Spartan Games here somewhere, if you recognize me, let me know!.

In any case, hello to the people down here. And long live Dystopian Wars naval battles!
"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today" - Attr: David Beatty, 1st Earl of Beatty, 1916

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
Re: Hello from Down Under Aussie Lands
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:42:10 am »
Welcome aboard
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Amiral X

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 09:16:11 am »
Welcome !

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 12:22:49 pm »
Welcome aboard! Glad you found us. We had several dedicated Dystopian players here well before Spartan closed its doors, so you're in good company. I'm a fellow FSA admiral myself, so if you want we can strategize together sometime, especially if it involves sinking those dastardly Prussians!  :D
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Nordic_Wolf

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
  • Board them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 09:05:39 am »
Welcome aboard! Glad you found us. We had several dedicated Dystopian players here well before Spartan closed its doors, so you're in good company. I'm a fellow FSA admiral myself, so if you want we can strategize together sometime, especially if it involves sinking those dastardly Prussians!  :D

Agreed! Once I get my Americans painted, they'll start to run for battles, then we'll scheme of how to sink their ships.  :D However, my most biggest concern would always be the British - being American, the war of independence was not so long ago fought (and mainly how to sink that bloody Dreadnought of theirs). In my club I have a guy who is running Brits for the last 3 years, and has never lost his dreadnought, he may loose the game, but the dreadnought never dies. So my aim now is to sink that unbeatable thing one day.

Must I say, my Danes could never get close to him without being sunk. And as you know, sunken ships can't send boarders... ;)

To everyone, thanks for the welcoming replies. See you all on the forums.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:07:53 am by Nordic_Wolf »
"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today" - Attr: David Beatty, 1st Earl of Beatty, 1916