Author Topic: Greetings from Germany  (Read 888 times)

Ljevid

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
Greetings from Germany
« on: May 15, 2017, 08:56:18 am »
Greetings from northern Germany,

to be more precise, from the Hanseatic City of Lübeck.

I've always enjoyed wargames, but sadly it is nigh impossible to find enthusiasts for fleet games around here. Somewhat ironic with the Baltic Sea on our doorstep.

The Axis & Allies "War at sea", Firestorm Armada and a couple other projects all died in an early stage.

My newest hope is Dropfleet Commander and with a gaming club behind me - I hope I can create a player base before the first hype dies down.

You'll probably see some DfC-ships from me.

Happy to have found you (through the podcast by the way)  ;)

McKInstry

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Germany
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 12:01:22 pm »
Welcome. Good luck on getting your Dropfleet group going. I've finished my Scourge and am almost done UCM and look forward to getting some DFC games going.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 12:05:08 am »
Welcome aboard! Glad to you found our podcast and our little corner of the internet.

Lübeck looks like a beautiful town. I always like seeing the red roofs of German buildings.

Good luck drumming up your player base, I've not yet played Dropfleet Commander but I hear it's a good game. And yes, definitely post up some pictures of your painted ships!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 10:51:22 pm »
Welcome to the forum

I used to live in Lubbock Texas and always wondered if there as a link to lubeck Germany
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor