Author Topic: UNSC Expansion Advice  (Read 1119 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
UNSC Expansion Advice
« on: October 12, 2016, 09:27:45 pm »
So, I think I'm finally ready to start expanding my UNSC past the Epoch-Marathon-Paris starter collection I have now. However, since Spartan doesn't have all the stats for the Halo ships posted, I'm not sure what I should prioritize in my buying/painting list. Any suggestions?

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
Re: UNSC Expansion Advice
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 10:03:11 am »
I think the two most important things you need are Cortana/the new formations and then super MACs. I don't know if you have the commander pack or the formations. Cortana has incredible utility and the new formations fix all the problems the UNSC had from the beginning. As for super MACs The Valiant is a lame duck so that leaves the Punic or the MAC platforms. I would go MAC platforms because the Punic is ugly as sin and really isn't very durable. I haven't used the platforms yet, but the guaranteed vulnerable is devastating to the Covenant (speaking from the Covenant side of the projectile).

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 03:19:17 pm »
I was actually thinking of the MAC platforms myself...I proxied them in the last game I played (using blury stats from a pic I found via Google), and I could definitely see their potential (though my opponent was able to minimize their impact through crafty use of terrain).

Plus, to my eye they are generic-looking enough to work as terrain for other space games too ;).

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 04:07:37 pm »
That is true. They would make great satellites or communication arrays.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 12:21:50 am »
Sorry, coming to this a little late.

I've heard good things about the Halberd destroyers, although I don't yet have any. The rules for the Valiant-class are supposedly being reworked, right now it's pretty much a different-looking Marathon (stats are near identical).

The Orion assault carriers are pretty cool, they deliver a pretty hard punch and have different options for how you field them.

But I would also tell you to get more Marathons. They are the workhorse of the UNSC fleet (as it stands right now).
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama