Author Topic: Greetings from Somerset (UK)  (Read 1240 times)

Rory Crabb

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Rory Crabb - Miniature Wargaming
Greetings from Somerset (UK)
« on: August 05, 2016, 09:44:57 am »
Hi

Just signed up to the forum, found it while looking for a dedicated naval wargaming community.

I'm mainly a historical wargamer, with naval warfare being one of my main areas of interest (I'm also an ex merchant navy officer and currently work for the UK Hydrographic Office)

I'm currently developing and play testing a set of fast play modern naval rules that are available on my blog.

Rory
http://rorycrabb.wordpress.com

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Greetings from Somerset (UK)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 10:52:37 am »
Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found us. I will have to take a look at your rules! I've been looking at doing more with modern naval gaming.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 01:51:43 pm »
Aye, welcome aboard Rory! Glad you found our little corner of the internet. Looking forward to reading your modern naval rules!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Rory Crabb

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 1
    • View Profile
    • Rory Crabb - Miniature Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 07:47:13 am »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.  :)

Just been doing some more work on my modern naval rules. My aim is to make a relatively simple game system that is quick and easy to play. Hopefully it should attract some new players to the modern naval genre!

At the moment it is at the development and play testing stage. Eventually I aim to self publish it and make it available for purchase as an E book and a print book (any publishing advice would be much appreciated).

I have also had some good feedback and suggestions for the rules from a few subject matter experts (including an ex-US Navy warfare officer, an established naval rules writer (with published books) and someone who had been working on the 2nd edition of the Shipwreck rules that unfortunately seem to have stalled)

Rory
http://rorycrabb.wordpress.com