Author Topic: Kurse You Kickstarter  (Read 19456 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Kurse You Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 02:36:30 pm »
In other news, the Shattered Void Kickstarter is less than $1k from being funded. Still on the fence about jumping in; if I do, it will be after they are successfully funded (what can I say, I like to hedge my bets). I'm kinda partial to starfighters, and also kinda partial to games that don't have a wide player base (no idea why), so...maybe. If nothing else, if BrdngPrty pledges, I might pester him to add a few ships to his pledge for me just to have on the hobby shelf. Shoulda done that when MarkyMark pledged for Dropfleet...
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 08:38:06 pm »
I would say if you are interested, then go ahead and jump in! It's not like you will owe them anything if the campaign fails.

BrdingPrty1

• Lieutenant J.G.
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 02:48:48 am »
@Gregg,

Well U know I'm mainly in it for the Minis!  ;)  :)

If U want to add to my pledge let me know.

What faction did U like in Dropfleet Commander?

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 12:21:28 pm »
I'm thinking about pledging for one fleet. I like how those bolbous alien ships look, it's a fairly unique design in a sleek spaceship world.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 01:38:09 pm »
@BrdingPrty, yeah I know you're in it for the minis, we just gotta get you to start PLAYING with those minis at some point.  :D Thanks for the offer, but I think I might go ahead and pledge on my own. Looks like they are now funded. I think it might be fun little one-off game, something with a little more depth than X-Wing but still starfighter combat.

For Dropfleet, I really like the look of the UCM and PHR ships.

@Quickdraw, that's a good point, I didn't think about the Astivar fighters bucking the "sleek" trend.

If I pledge, I'll most likely go with the two squadrons option...was thinking about Vitruvian and Astivar, but I might do EEF and Vitruvian and add a few of the Wave 1 and 2 ships (if they get unlocked) for those factions.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 09:46:22 pm »
Those Vitruvian look like the human fighters (or was it the Drac) from Enemy Mine.  Pretty fun.  And I dig the thruster exhaust from what looks to be the human ships (as painted on that German website. 

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 02:40:49 pm »
Those Vitruvian look like the human fighters (or was it the Drac) from Enemy Mine.  Pretty fun.  And I dig the thruster exhaust from what looks to be the human ships (as painted on that German website.

Wow, Mark, 75 points for the obscure sci-fi movie reference! (no, those points aren't redeemable for anything).

Yeah, not sure about the thruster exhaust. I saw another review of the models where the reviewer took some pics of the ships and parts still on the sprue, and I didn't see the "thruster exhaust" pieces. Might have been added by that modeler. But yes, very cool.

Now that they're funded, they're promising some new information that's going to knock everyone's socks off at some point this week. Will be interesting to see what that is. Inching closer and closer to backing this...

Quickdraw

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 09:29:11 am »
Yeah, not sure about the thruster exhaust. I saw another review of the models where the reviewer took some pics of the ships and parts still on the sprue, and I didn't see the "thruster exhaust" pieces. Might have been added by that modeler. But yes, very cool.

Now that they're funded, they're promising some new information that's going to knock everyone's socks off at some point this week. Will be interesting to see what that is. Inching closer and closer to backing this...

I'm looking forward to their mind blowing news.
Greg, if it helps you at all I fully intend on backing at the pilot level with the Astivar.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 01:40:43 pm »
So I guess part of the big news came yesterday--each of the three factions now has a fighter squadron and a support squadron from which to choose. However, I assume there is more to come, and hopefully soon, because they now have no stretch goals listed. The first stretch goal was 11k British pounds to unlock the Astivar. That's done...but nothing on the horizon, and they have 18 days to go.

Still really like the EEF and Vitruvians, especially the support ships for each. The EEF Jaguar and Ursus look pretty sweet, as does that Vitruvian stealth hunter. Still considering the Flight Lieutenant pledge, I'd like to have at least two different factions. Would likely tack on a couple of support ships for each faction for variety. The rules state you have to field at least 4 ships (of any type) in your squadron, would be good to have enough to run two different squadrons for each faction. But I'm going to hold a bit longer to see what their new stretch goals are. They keep teasing that they have lots more stuff...the support squadron ships are a good start.

My admittedly poor math skills tell me this is a bit cheaper than X-Wing. The most expensive ship shown thus far, one of the Vitruvian support ships I think, converts to about $13. I think all of the standard fighters for all three factions are less than $10. X-Wing ships start at $15. Yeah, they are pre-painted and pre-assembled and Star Wars, but still.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:42:33 pm by Landlubber »

zorper

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 04:03:31 pm »
So Landlubber, are you going in on this?  If so I will as well.  What are the trooper models for?

BrdingPrty1

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 12:06:02 am »

Looks like there may be some larger ships coming.

I plan on going Quickdraw's route: pledging at the pilot level/Astivar but with a support sqdn add on.

@Zorper:
The troopers  R 28mm versions of the 15mm troopers from white Dragon's first kickstarter.   I think they are generic and don't have any specific rule set.

The 15mm versions are available for purchase on their website.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 12:56:36 am »
Still on the fence. Really would like to see what their stretch goals are going to be, because I feel that will give us a better idea of where the game is headed. It does look cool, but I don't want to plunk down $100 for a system that doesn't have much future, no matter how much I like the miniatures--especially with Halo: Ground Command about to drop. So I'm going to give it a few more days to see what develops.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 07:05:31 pm »
Next stretch goals announced. At 12k British pounds, corvettes will unlock for each of the three factions. Interesting ship designs; the EEF and Vitruvian are elongated, whereas the Astivar looks more upright. The update says the corvettes are 15cm long, so around 6 inches. They also have the 3D render up for the one missing Vitruvian support ship, it's a fighter of some type. Pretty cool design.

Interestingly, their number of backers isn't going up, but the amount pledged is. People getting excited for the new shiny, I guess.

BrdingPrty1

• Lieutenant J.G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 10:38:33 pm »

New add-ons but no freebies...yet. The Astivar Corvette looks cool. With 18GBP at about $24 the total for this kickstarter is going up.  :'(

Quickdraw

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 11:58:42 am »
It's definitely starting to push past the point of affordable little side project. Looking at some pictures on BoW and google image searching they are roughly twice the size of some of the smaller ships. It's more then a Spartan "large" size resin ship. But fairly comparable to the pricing of X-Wing with large ships being twice the cost of the regular ships.