Author Topic: Lou Coatney - Naval Action and cardstock model ships - says hello.  (Read 1108 times)

LouCoatney

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
My Naval Action miniatures rules are for WW2 ... and earlier, if I ever get around to doing the ship status sheets ... naval combat.  Someone else has since come out with a Naval Action naval game and/or rules, but that is not mine.

Naval Action is FREE on my CoatneyHistory webpage ... as long as that lasts.  Many people like it for its speed, simplicity, and "2 thumbs" turn/combat results chart.  (Frank Chadwick really liked NA and wanted GDW to publish it, but then GDW went out of business.  Frank did use a 2 thumbs chart for a new science fiction game, he told me.)

Also on CoatneyHistory and my other webpage are FREE cardstock model ship plans ... including ships to complement Airfix's exquisite 1:1200 Sink the Bismarck set ... including ORP Piorun ... I'm very proud of my little pixel by pixel Polish naval ensign ...  :) ... although the plans can be printed off at almost any scale.

Also, my FREE Lion's Lair:  Malta Convoy Battles 1940-42 boardgame on CoatneyHistory has an alternative, miniatures combat resolution option, using Naval Action and the individual Italian and Commonwealth ship markers I have made for it.  The simple boardgame combat resolution system is fun too and MUCH faster, of course.

The Verification letters to post things on here are very hard to read.  To register, I had to try 3 times, and it made me re-type my desired password the first 2 times.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Lou Coatney - Naval Action and cardstock model ships - says hello.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 08:52:18 am »
Hi Lou!

Welcome Aboard. It's great to have you, and I'm glad you were able to brave the security measures to join! If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate if you posted links to your sites in the Historical section, as they are great resources.

Additionally, thanks for the feedback on your registration issues. I will take a look at those settings; it's always a balancing act, trying to make it easy for humans to join while keeping out the spam bots (something I've had issues with in the past here).

LouCoatney

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 11:16:11 am »
Thanks for the welcome, Rd.  I'll check out your Historical section.   :)

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 11:41:35 am »
Welcome! It sounds like you have great resources for those historical naval lovers on the site.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 01:16:26 am »
Aye, welcome aboard! Glad you found our little corner of the internet. Looking forward to seeing your postings about the historical side of the naval wargaming hobby!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama