Author Topic: MASTERS OF ORION!  (Read 1024 times)

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
MASTERS OF ORION!
« on: February 25, 2016, 03:59:45 pm »
Hey ladies and gents, War gaming is creating a new Masters of orion game. They got the IP from Atari last year and started working on it from that instant on. Currently the game is in early release, meaning you can play it in its beta form. They will add three more big patches before official release in june/july time frame.

Will let you how it goes for those who are interested.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERS OF ORION!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 06:13:18 pm »
I heard this a week or two ago as well.  I played the last two versions, always a good time.  Looking forward to what they do next.

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 04:23:56 pm »
So played it alot this weekend. I will come up with the pros and cons of the game.

Pro:
improved user interface. Most Space 4x games are either too easy, buggy, or to damn difficult to figure out how to do things or track important information.
this game solves it by being easy enough to learn in 2 hours, while providing the depth of play some Hardcore fans will want.
Ship Creation- Easy enough to do on your own or leave in the hands of the AI, Note sometimes the AI will remove your variant type of battleships, so sometimes you dont want it to auto update your ships when new tech rolls out.
Very much like MoO2 for those who see that as the gold standard.

Game also comes with Master of orions 1thru 3 for free when you get it through this early access time period.

Con:
No spies yet, to be implamented in another patch.
only 6 races so far, implament the other 4 at a latter date. Not as many races as in Masters of ORion 2.
Too easy at this point- only one difficult mode and with careful planning in the early game you can steam role half the other races to fear you by turn 300 and vote for you to become the galaxtic leader of the Galaxtic UN by turn 350.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:06:00 pm »
Sounds good! Not too surprised at the incremental development approach. That is WG's stock-in-trade with their "World of" games. It is also similar to how Stardock rolled out Galactic Civilizations III last year.

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 12:56:38 pm »
How are the visuals?  I have not looked a the websites but will this weekend.  I liked them back then.  For me, two of the funnest older games for visuals have been Gratuitous Space Battles and especially Sword of the Stars.  Love watching turrets move and different weapon and damage effects.

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 01:37:27 pm »
Right now there are no turrets like in GSB, though I find I like the game for the simplicity of its graphics and the ability to turn on pixel ships ( for retro feel of the originals) will be awesome. I find that I can run it on ultra settings with my pc. It having a 750 ti Nividia GPU, 16 ram, and amd 3.5 ghz 4 core processor.