Author Topic: Orion Assault Carriers and RCS Battlecruisers  (Read 1206 times)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Orion Assault Carriers and RCS Battlecruisers
« on: January 23, 2016, 12:13:22 am »
Spartan has had a busy January!

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/halo-veterans

According to the Spartan webstore, the Orions will ship at the end of February; the RCS aren't listed yet. Description says the Orions will be resin with pewter add on. Not sure about the RCS.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Orion Assault Carriers and RCS Battlecruisers
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 08:30:19 pm »
I really do like the looks of these ships, even more than the big ones released back in January. Have you committed to getting one yet, Landlubber?

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 11:21:54 am »
I really do like the looks of these ships, even more than the big ones released back in January. Have you committed to getting one yet, Landlubber?

Oh yeah. Got a box on order. They release today, but it might still be a couple weeks before I see them. I always order thru my FLGS instead of direct thru Spartan Games (I try to support the store whenever I can), and their distributor is a little screwy when it comes to Spartan Games products. But no rush. I'm not one of those "have to have it on the day it's released" kind of gamers.  :D

Spartan posted the stats for both the Orion and RCS in their Resources section. The Orion carries LOTS of Pelicans, I think 4 for a couple of the variants (supported/reinforced). Even an unsupported Orion has 3. So, run one unsupported Orion and one unsupported Marathon in a battlegroup, and you have 5 Pelicans!

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 12:49:43 pm »
did you see the RCS formation of 2...

15 + dice of PAC and 15+ of Plasma Lance!

Defense Array of 7!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 01:58:19 pm »
did you see the RCS formation of 2...

15 + dice of PAC and 15+ of Plasma Lance!

Defense Array of 7!

Yeah I saw that...brutal. Thankfully that element is a BR6, so it is a battlegroup unto itself.

I'm more concerned about the unsupported RCS being a BR2. That means you can put two of them, or an unsupported RCS and an unsupported CCS, into one battlegroup. I don't have the stats right in front of me, but I did the math on the Plasma Lance attack dice from that yesterday...I think with an RCS and a CCS (both unsupported) in the same battlegroup you would have 22 attack dice at 32 inches (12 from the CCS and 10 from the RCS). Granted they would be Firepower Rating 3, but that could still cripple or destroy a Marathon at long range (especially if it's already damaged), and put the hurt on an Epoch as well.

I think the RCS is going to be a big boost for the Covenant.