Author Topic: Just expanded both fleets, looking to play more  (Read 1102 times)

OBiE0311

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Just expanded both fleets, looking to play more
« on: January 07, 2016, 09:53:37 am »
Hey folks!

I am more of a UNSC guy at heart, but when a fella over on DakkaDakka was selling a Gencon starter set and both of the Covenant expansions new on sprue for $70, I had to jump on it! The good news is that I can now do fairly large games with either fleet, though I will be adding a UNSC Punic super carrier as soon as possible!

Anyone wanna fight 5 Covenant ORS heavy cruisers? :-)

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Just expanded both fleets, looking to play more
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 01:35:34 pm »
Excellent. So you got the Covenant box with the new fleet commander and the Minister of Etiology? Quickdraw has been kinda down on the Minister, but I haven't picked up that box yet for the Covenant so I can't judge. I did get the UNSC box with Lord Hood and Cortana, though, and Cortana is a beast. Some would say possibly overpowered...

I got the Punic-class right before Christmas. Holy cow, that is a HUGE model. Still not even as big as the Covenant CAS, though, which is scary. Haven't gotten the Punic on the table yet--there's some assembly required--but I hope to do so soon.

5 ORS heavy cruiser....good Lord, that's a lot of plasma. We (the Halo players) should block off a Saturday sometime for a massive fleet engagement. Between you, me, Quickdraw, and Dale, we probably have 4000-5000 points of models. That would be FUN.

We actually have separate threads you can post in if you're looking for a game. If you play primarily at the Haven, post here:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/forum/index.php?topic=695.0

We also have a thread that we use to schedule a monthly meet-up for as many of us as can make it between the Springs folks and the Denver folks. This month, we're meeting at Collectormania in Parker for Firestorm: Armada. That thread is here:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/forum/index.php?topic=583.msg6971;boardseen#new

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:37:25 pm by Landlubber »
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama