Author Topic: Checking In  (Read 1360 times)

ALice-13

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Checking In
« on: February 08, 2015, 10:58:28 pm »
Hi everyone,
Names Tom, but I've been going by Alice-13 on the web for so long I didn't feel like changing it.  A while back I bought a DW CoA battle group box and never really found the time to play, I ran into Landlubber and Quickdraw @ Gamer's Haven in the Springs last week and they seemed like decent guys so I decided to join you on your forums.  Would like to get into a regular DW playing cycle and perhaps branch out into Firestorm if all goes well.  Still getting my feet wet in the wargamming community even though I have books and models for about 6 different games.  My interests lie along the more narrative style of game play rather than tournament level power player style.  I'm not a very competitive player, I'd rather lose a two hour game by 1 point than blow my opponent out of the water the first round.  I look forward to meeting you all and seeing across the table/high seas.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Checking In
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 11:26:50 pm »
Welcome Tom! Glad you found our little corner of the web. I think the majority of us here enjoy both casual and competitive play, so you'll fit right in.

Due to work I'm currently only in the Springs one or two nights a week, but there are three or four other people at least who play both Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Armada at Gamer's Haven. We have a game scheduling thread here for folks in Colorado (several of the MBS crew are scattered around the country, including a few on the east coast), so if you're looking for opponents, feel free to post a date and time when you can play.

Looking forward to rolling dice with you sometime!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

markymark1970

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 09:53:58 am »
Welcome aboard Tom!

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 10:00:50 am »
Greetings Tom!
Like we discussed before, and as Greg has said, we have a scheduling thread up here for Colorado.
I can play a game virtually any day of the week as long as I have a day or two notice (sometimes less). Gamers Haven can get busy towards the weekend. We normally have our best luck for evening games on Wednesday.
Hopefully I'll catch you at the store.

ALice-13

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 12:03:31 pm »
I can almost always play on Monday (in fact I'll be there tonight), the rest of the week is a mess of kids obligations (ballet, archery, swimming etc)  and I work Friday, Saturday & Sunday 7pm - 9am. 

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 08:46:37 pm »
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you :)