Author Topic: New Rules for Uncharted Seas  (Read 1903 times)

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
New Rules for Uncharted Seas
« on: June 01, 2013, 08:50:06 am »
I have the beta test rules for a new magic system for Uncharted Seas and I'm looking for some opponents for playtesting in the next few weeks.  These magic rules build on the same basic Spartan Games system, but it's definitely new and different from how magic worked in the STAR cards; players have more options when constructing fleets to add magic users and plan a strategy for implementing magic into a battle plan.

I'm thinking about hosting a set of games at the Game Vault next weekend, or I may be up for a trip down to Richmond if I can get some of the guys down there interested.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: New Rules for Uncharted Seas
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:19:00 pm »
Magic system, you say? Sounds intriguing. It could be a neat way to differentiate US from the other Spartan games a bit, and it definitely fits the theme of the game nicely.

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 06:20:03 pm »
Any thing about infantry?
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

MadDrB

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
  • "Beat to Quarters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 03:55:26 pm »
Yes, infantry rules are in development as well.

I'm available all day next Friday, June 14th, for games, and may be coming down to Richmond if I can get a couple of others in the area on board.