Author Topic: Ahoy!  (Read 1033 times)

Kilrain

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
Ahoy!
« on: September 10, 2020, 10:04:13 am »
Hello all! My name is Sean and just getting settled in a new duty station in Washington D.C. My gaming background started in the 90s primarily focused on RPGs and FASA games like Battletech and Crimson Skies. In the last several years I have fallen into X-wing Miniatures and Star Wars Armada and in the last year I have fallen in love with historicals, primarily Cruel Seas.

I read compulsively when I can with a focus on military sci-fi, some fantasy and Naval/Military History.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 06:48:15 pm by Kilrain »

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
Re: Ahoy!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 09:22:31 am »
Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy your time in DC; I've spent a few years in the area on various assignments myself (2 years at Ft. Belvoir, and a couple at the Pentagon). While I'm down in Norfolk now, my wife has family in the area so I visit frequently (until COVID, anyway). My preferred store of choice is Eagle and Empire...have you been there?

Kilrain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 02:29:03 pm »
Ruckdog, we didn't even have all the boxes unpacked before we made our first visit! There are some great gaming stores down in your neck of Virginia. I used to frequent Atlantis games when I was stationed at Yorktown and Virginia Beach.

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 02:52:41 pm »
There are! Atlantis (both locations) is great, and I like Tower of Games as well. Haven't made time to hit up the Hampton/Portsmouth stores.

Tell Doug and company I said hi! Are you a member of the E&E gamers group on FB yet?

Kilrain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 03:14:34 pm »
 I am not yet, and I will totally join that. I will make sure to tell Doug that you say Hello when I go I get paints for Cruel Seas today.