Author Topic: Heard the Fleet Signal  (Read 1218 times)

Ryjak

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ops Center
Heard the Fleet Signal
« on: January 17, 2016, 02:18:28 pm »
Hey Everyone!

I've been playing Firestorm Armada for about a year, and first heard about Spartan Games (including Dystopian Wars) about two years ago.  I'm a reformed 40K player, and decided to pick up Firestorm Armada after reading about it online at several locations.  I'm still impressed with how well-balanced the game is, and the level of depth available.

I picked up the Dindrenzi first, with the intent of picking up an Aquan fleet second, painting them like the UNSC and Covenant, and applying to be a Vanguard.  The best laid plans... turns out I'm much more interested in playing than painting, so I barely have my initial Dindrenzi models painted.  If Halo Fleet Battles had been released a year sooner, I would have dived into that without a thought.  Now, I don't see a reason to play that when I'm so invested in Firestorm Armada.

I also started a website, www.ops-center.weebly.com, about the same time I started playing.  I mostly wanted to make Battle Reports to teach people how to play, and how to play better... But it turns out it takes a lot more time to make the style of Battle Report I envisioned.  Besides, right now I'm too busy trying to put together a Firestorm Armada Event for the 2016 NOVA Open.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Heard the Fleet Signal
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 03:35:12 pm »
Ryjak, welcome aboard! Glad you found our little corner of the internet.

You can always post battle reports here, we all enjoy reading stories of tabletop glory won and lost.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 08:44:51 pm »
Greetings Ryjak
Hopefully you'll find some good stuff around MBS.
I've visited your website and I really like some of the resources you have there.
Can't wait to see some of those battle reports.

Ryjak

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ops Center
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 09:37:42 pm »
I wrote one battle report, which I posted in the Articles Section:

All Other Priorities Recinded:
http://ops-center.weebly.com/uploads/4/6/2/4/46246671/all_other_priorities_rescinded_-_final.pdf

That took a lot of work, simply documenting what happened each activation.  I've been trying to create a time-lapse video since then, but haven't been successful yet.