Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1152 times)

Pieprophet

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings!
« on: October 28, 2015, 05:47:00 am »
Hey there folks,

My name is Pieprophet (well, it is on the internet, anyway), and I've been playing Dystopian Wars a little less than a year now. the last several months I've been having some trouble finding time for games, but I hope to be fixing that soon. I've also struggled to stay on top of painting, with only one squadron of small ships finished to date, which brings me to my main reason for joining your fine looking forum here. I hope that by looking through the various showcase threads here, as well as starting my own log, will help keep me motivated and on top of my painting. I may wander around a bit, but i fully expect to spend most of my time in the painting sections. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing you all around the forums.

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 04:57:11 pm »
Welcome aboard Pieprophet! Glad you found our little corner of the Internet. Feel free to jump in on conversations about rules, tactics, painting tips, etc.

Also, if you're in Denver/Colorado Springs area, the Boston area, or Northern Virginia, a good many of the MBS crew are clustered in those locations and we'd be happy to roll dice with you sometime. We also use this forum to set up games and larger gaming events.

Again, welcome!
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Quickdraw

• Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 05:40:12 pm »
Welcome! Can't wait to see how your fleets progress on the forum.
As Landlubber said, if you are located nearby to our hubs we can try to get a game.

Pieprophet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 07:48:48 pm »
Thanks folks, I feel super welcome! To be honest, I'm mostly here for painting related stuff, as there is a shop not five minutes from my house with a decent DW base (though sadly no Firestorm players, that i know of, but I'm trying to fix that). Which is not to say I'm opposed to finding new opponents, but given i've struggled of late to get to the store just down the street, I'm not sure when I will have time to find games further afield. That said, I do live in Western Massachusetts, so games with folks in the Boston area could be a real possibility.  For now I'm just hoping to stay at least sort of consistent with painting, rather than what I normally do, which is paint between half a thing and a thing, and then do no painting for months. Once I have more of my fleet painted, I might start making more of an effort to find time for games. Thanks again for the welcome, and if you do see me in and rules, tactics, or painting tips discussions, it will likely be along the lines of "Help! What do I do?"

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 03:25:34 pm »
Ok cool.

So how did you find our forum, just out of curiosity? I'm always interested to hear how people find their way to our site.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Pieprophet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 09:24:10 pm »
I actually just googled Dystopian Wars forums, and then looked for ones with a good sub-forum for posting a painting log, and also seemed to have a good community of painters. If was between here and the spartan forums, but i kinda liked the layout a tad more here, and also liked that it looked like there were more painting logs here (not that there are not a good number on the spartan forums, just felt like there were more here, and i liked that there was a whole sub-forum just for painted models).

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 09:17:21 am »
Welcome aboard! I'm sorry for not coming by to welcome you earlier.

I actually just googled Dystopian Wars forums, and then looked for ones with a good sub-forum for posting a painting log, and also seemed to have a good community of painters. If was between here and the spartan forums, but i kinda liked the layout a tad more here, and also liked that it looked like there were more painting logs here (not that there are not a good number on the spartan forums, just felt like there were more here, and i liked that there was a whole sub-forum just for painted models).

Awesome! Good to see we are climbing our way through the Google rankings  8).