Author Topic: Hi there too! ;)  (Read 1311 times)

Captain Dan

• Ensign
  • Number of Times Thanked: 0
    • View Profile
Hi there too! ;)
« on: December 05, 2015, 04:22:28 pm »
Hello Captain Dan here directly from the Spartan Games forums thanks to a link posted by fracas in the scheduled-to-be-deleted Uncharted Seas forum, so I decided to come here and have a look ;)

My name is Daniel and I am from Spain. I love all naval-related stuff so much, specially the submarines. I started collecting Dystopian Wars models just when I discovered it had ships too (at first I only thought it only had ground units) I got Federated States of America just because the padlewheels (so tempted to get KoB because they had a sub) but thankfully it had been fixed.

I also have Firestorm Armada fleet (Sorylians, Directorate and recently a ton of Terrans) plus I´m slowly collecting the same armies for Planetfall (core helixes mainly)

The game that I´m loving the most is Uncharted Seas I have, dwarves, shroud mages, humans, elves and sky pirates. I have a blog about the game: (the gate of suns http://thegateofsuns.blogspot.com.es/ and unless you don´t have   anytihig against I am including a link to your forum there) I also have been giving a helping hand in the playtesting process of the magic and campaing system.

Other games I used to play were Battletech, WFantasy, W40k, Man'owar and Infinty.

And my favourite book collectin for the momment is "The lost Fleet" ;)

Dan
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 04:24:35 pm by Captain Dan »

Fracas

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Number of Times Thanked: 33
    • View Profile
    • Warmancer
Re: Hi there too! ;)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 05:56:06 pm »
Welcome!
Firestorm: Aquan, Directorate, Retholza, Hawker (FsA)/ Terran (FsPf), RSN (FsA)/ Dindrenzi (FsPf)
DW: EotBS, FSA, PLC.
Warmaster: Kislev, Khemri, Dwarves,
BFG: Pacification Fleet (IN), Tau Expeditionary (SG), Battlefleet (Chaos), Kher-Ys Corsairs, Crusade Fleet (IN),
LotR: Khand, Gondor, Mordor

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 10:36:30 pm »
Welcome aboard Captain Dan! I think you may be the first member of our forum from Spain...

You should find plenty of conversation here about Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada, and maybe even Uncharted Seas. I got into the FSA in Dystopian Wars for the same reason--love those giant paddlewheels. We're all about naval wargaming here at Man Battlestations, so any other naval wargames you play (space, historical, etc), feel free to jump into the conversations--or start new ones!

If you like to paint, take a look at our painting and modeling threads and share some of your work with us. I took a look at your blog, those are some nicely painted ships you have--feel free to post pics in our Showcase thread. I never played Uncharted Seas but I have thought about picking up some of the models just to paint.

Oh, and we're just starting a Man Battlestations podcast, if you like to listen to podcasts. Check the Blog section of the website for more information.

Glad you found our little corner of the internet, and again, welcome aboard!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:39:02 pm by Landlubber »
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Captain Dan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 10:58:10 am »
Thanks Fracas!

Thank you Landlubber for such a warm welcome! :) :)

Yeha  I really wanted to give a good read to the Uncharted Seas section and Firestorm, and post lots of stuff & pictures but The Exams of Dread are upon me and I am quite busy atm, but once I got past this week I will come back and post all over around!! XD ^_^

Again thank you very much! ;)

Andrewchristlieb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 09:13:08 pm »
Hey Captain Dan, welcome it's nice to see word is still getting out about this little slice of naval wargaming heaven  ;)!
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Captain Dan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 07:50:19 am »
Thanks Andrew!  :)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 08:40:13 am »
Hi! Sorry for not stopping by to say "Hello" earlier  :-[!

Funny you mention submarines...I've got some first-hand experience in that department. I'm also working on the Lost Fleet, too! I am about halfway through Book 6.

Anyway, glad to have you aboard. It's good to have another Uncharted Seas player on the forums! As the forum Administrator, I will just say outright that the US forums here at MBS are going no where...so, if you know any other "refugees" from the SG forums, they too will be welcome here  :).