General > General Discussion

Status of Forums

(1/5) > >>

Ruckdog:
So, I think I've got most of the forum issues on the run! In addition to the basic functionality, I have the following features and functions we had before the crash put back together, including:

-Rotating Banners

I've also added the following new functions:

-Renaming the "child boards" to "Sub-Forums"

Still left to fix:

-Global Announcements: I have been unable to restore the Global Announcements mod I was using, due to database errors. In order to fix these, I would need to do some more intensive maintenance and restoration of the forums, which I am naturally hesitant to do after having just patched them back together again! In the mean time, I created an Announcements sub-forum at the top of the Home page as a stop-gap.

-The dice-roller function has not yet been re-installed. I suspect I might get similar database errors, though, so we will see.

Thanks again for all your patience! I'm on a bit of steep learning curve at the moment when it comes to SMF.

Ruckdog:
I have figured out how to restore links to the blog and home page at the top of the forums. They are now part of the main SimpleMachines menu, instead of being separate larger buttons. If you can't see them, or they won't work for you, let me know!

Ruckdog:
Had a minor hiccup today...looks like the forum theme got corrupted somehow. I've managed to restore everything from backup ok, but now the blasted Avatars are broken again  >:(! I'll keep looking at the issue. More to follow!

Ruckdog:
Based on some requests, I've added spoiler functionality to the forums. It is the "Sp" button in the topic bar. Looks like this when used correctly:

[spoiler]This is a test spoiler.[/spoiler]

Ruckdog:
Additionally, I've got some limited Avatar capability rigged up. Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to lick the issue I've been having with the upload directory. However, I've now set it up so that  you can host an avatar photo somewhere else and direct link to it. Sort of a band-aid fix, but it is better than before!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version