Author Topic: State of the Game: BFG  (Read 1319 times)

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
State of the Game: BFG
« on: July 04, 2015, 04:37:37 pm »
Hello all! I've just put up an essay on the blog discussing BFG and how it fares today, years after official support for the game ended:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2015/07/04/state-of-the-game-battlefleet-gothic/

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: State of the Game: BFG
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 11:17:41 pm »
Nice write-up Ruck. This is a game I'd love to try sometime, or at least get some minis to paint. Maybe GW will give it the Space Hulk treatment and re-release it every few years.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Ruckdog

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 189
  • Dive! Dive!
    • View Profile
    • Man Battlestations!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:53:38 pm »
I suppose they could...but that would be a bit like Spartan Games shutting down all support for Firestorm Armada for 10 years, and then doing a limited re-release of the Battle for Valhalla box set. Don't get me wrong, I'd take that over nothing, but it falls short of a full re-launch of the game.

I think it would be more likely that GW will do something akin to Dread Fleet...In Spaaaaace! To contine with the Firestorm analogy, that would be as if you had a box set where a Terran battleship, Aquan carrier, and a Sorylian cruiser faced off against a Dindrenzi dreadnought, a Directorate battle cruiser, and a Relthoza destroyer!

Landlubber

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 12:30:50 am »
I suppose they could...but that would be a bit like Spartan Games shutting down all support for Firestorm Armada for 10 years, and then doing a limited re-release of the Battle for Valhalla box set. Don't get me wrong, I'd take that over nothing, but it falls short of a full re-launch of the game.

I think it would be more likely that GW will do something akin to Dread Fleet...In Spaaaaace! To contine with the Firestorm analogy, that would be as if you had a box set where a Terran battleship, Aquan carrier, and a Sorylian cruiser faced off against a Dindrenzi dreadnought, a Directorate battle cruiser, and a Relthoza destroyer!

Given some of the other  business decisions GW has made over the years, I don't think any of the above is implausible.
"Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six."--Commander Adama

Dakkar

• Rear Admiral
  • Number of Times Thanked: 25
  • Mobilis in Mobili
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 01:05:53 pm »
Or they'll re-release with completely different models, new faction names, and no points values... ;-)
"History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark!"
-- Lord John Whorfin, Red Lectroid Leader

Ulric the Grey

• Lieutenant
  • Number of Times Thanked: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 03:58:14 pm »
age of sigmar Dale? is that what it has come too!  >:(